Monday, February 24, 2014

China Glaze Crinkled Chrome Collection Review

Hey guys! I was originally going to do a mini review, and choose just 3 polishes to purchase and review. Since they are all basically the same, but with different colors, I figured that would suffice. Then, I tried one of them...

From left to right: Wrinkling the Sheets, Don't Be Foiled, Iron Out the Details, Crush Crush Baby, I'm a Chromantic, and Aluminate.


These polishes are amazing! I purchased Aluminate first, and fell IN LOVE with it! These polishes apply so smoothly. They are fairly thin after the first coat, but once a second coat is on there, they are perfect. For them to dry quickly and properly, thin coats are needed.

The look they were going for was, obviously, to look like chrome, but crinkled. I saw the effect immediately. It literally looked like someone took a piece of aluminum foil, crumbled it, and then opened it back up...if that makes sense.

They stay on well, and do not chip very easily, that I noticed. There is no top coat used on these, or the effect goes away. I did not try a top coat on it, but I do not think it would work, because this is a textured polish.

There are small beads in the polish, as well as bar glitter, but it's not glitter...it's just awesome. I think that if they only had one of these in the polish, the effect would be harder to see.

The collection has 6 colors all together.


This is Aluminate, a silver chrome.


This one is I'm a Chromantic, a pinkish color.


This is Crush, Crush, Baby, a light purple color.


Above is Iron Out the Details, a sort of blue-gray color.


This is a teal-ish blue, called Don't Be Foiled.


Finally, is Wrinkling the Sheets, which is sort of a green.


As far as price goes, these polishes were pricey...at Ulta. I purchased three of them there, and the other three at Sally's Beauty Supply. I did not find them anywhere else, but they are worth the price if you have to buy them at Ulta!

My favorites were Aluminate, I'm a Chromantic, and Crush, Crush, Baby. The last three, the two blues and the green, were very similar. I wore Iron Out the Details on one hand, and Don't Be Foiled on the other. Unless they were next to each other, it was almost impossible to tell the difference.

I definitely recommend them to anyone who likes textured polishes.

Thanks for reading! <3


*All opinions are my own and truthful. I purchased all polishes with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment