Friday, December 26, 2014

Essie Summer 2014

Welcome back!

I tried out all of the Essie summer collection a while back, and so I just wanted to post my thoughts finally.


Urban Jungle
Coats: 3
This was an off white polish with a pretty good formula. It was kind of a nude, but definitely a light one. Surprisingly, I really liked the color. It was a good clean color, which can be nice sometimes. It's definitely good for nail art when you want to use a white polish, but maybe don't want such a stark white polish. It also makes it more interesting I think. I used this for a baseball manicure and really liked now it was different than you usually see.


Strut Your Stuff
Coats: 3
This bright blue polish was very opaque and had a great formula. It was very smooth and it just went on very well without any effort. I really liked the color, too. It was very bright and caught your attention which I really like during the summer.


Fierce, No Fear
Coats: 2
The formula on this polish was absolutely amazing. I really like the color, too, which is surprising because I don't normally lean toward nudes or browns. This one, though, was gorgeous. The color would also work for fall, too, which is actually when I wore it. I paired it with Nicole by OPI Shaved Nice and really felt like it was a good fall/winter combination. It reminded me of hot chocolate and snow! This color will also work great for work, or when you just want a neutral nail polish to wear.


Haute in the Heat
Coats: 2
I almost got away with one goat on this, which is unheard of for me. I typically need three coats on a polish that everyone else would only use two on. The color itself was kind of unique, too. It was a pinky-red. Some lighting made it appear mostly all red, and others made it appear like pink with just a touch of red. I really like this color, too. When I wore it, I paired it with a silver glitter, so it made it look Christmas-y! I really love when polishes can work for more than one season or time of year.


Roarrrange
Coats: 3
Unfortunately, after trying four great polishes, I was a little let down by this one. The formula wasn't thr best on it, and I felt like it was kind of hard to work with. It was sort of sheer and watery to me, which is one formula that I hate. The color was orange, but much darker than I expected. I was expecting a very typically orange polish, but what I got was a much more burnt orange. It was dark, and I usually go for the lighter orange if I'm going to wear any. The picture of just the swatch of it was only two coats, but I did do three the first time I put it on, when I actually wore it.


Ruffles and Feathers
Coats: 2
This was a blue-green color. It definitely leaned much more green, but there were some blue tones to it. The color was pretty and the formula was good, too. Again, I feel this polish would work well at Christmas. I paired it with Essie Jazzy Jubilant when I wore it and I was pleased with how it looked, but it was a little Christmas-y.



Overall, I was very happy with the collection. Essie polishes can be kind of a hit or miss for me, but I liked five of the six colors which is great! It was a fun collection and I can still rock some of these shades even in December!

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment