Sunday, October 6, 2013

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 27



Day Twenty-Seven: Inspired by Artwork

Wet 'n Wild Wild Shine in Blue Moon
Sinful Colors in Snow Me White
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Hard Hat
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow
Kiss Nail Art in White
Kiss Nail Art in Black

Of course, this was the first thing I thought of when I thought of a piece of art work. But, it turned out to be fun, and maybe I'll redo it, but with more details!

I went in and made the background color is Blue Moon. To make the "castle" or whatever the shape is, I put down the white on one nail, and made it just slightly larger than what I wanted to castle shape size to be. I put the white down for two reasons. 1) So that the black was more vibrant, because the sky color was so dark, and 2) so there was an outline and the castle was easier to see.

To make the swirls, I used white on a paint brush, and did not put much on the brush, and used quick strokes. I did it over and over until it was thin and wispy looking. I did a similar thing for the ring around the moon with Hard Hat, and then used Mellow Yellow to make the actual moon shape.

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment