Tuesday, November 25, 2014

OPI "Go Neon or Go Nude" Summer 2014

Welcome back!

I've been holding on to these pictures for a while now, and finally finished editing them! They take a long time, and I hate doing that part (by editing, I mean all of the words and watermarking).

This isn't necessarily a review, but really just my thoughts and how I felt about it, more for my own record! Enjoy!

This line included six neon colors. It was promoted with a new white base coat called "Put A Coat On" to help make the neons pop.

For all polishes, I did no white base coat on the pointer and middle finger, OPI "Put A Coat On" base coat on my ring and pinky fingers, and OPI Alpine Snow as the base on my thumb. I label all fingers in the picture accordingly.

Juice Bar Hopping
Color Family: Orange
No Base: 4 coats
Put A Coat On (2 coats): 3 coats
Alpine Snow (2 coats): 2 coats
This polish was definitely brighter on the nails with a white base coat. I felt like on the nails without a base, it was kind of dull. I liked it alright (for an orange) on the white, but would not wear it off the white base.






Life Gave Me Lemons

Color Family: Yellow
No Base: 3 coats
Put A Coat On (2 coats): 1 coat
Alpine Snow (2 coats): 1 coat
I was a little surprised to see how green this polish turned out to be. By the name, I expected it to be much more yellow than it was. It definitely looked better on top of the white base. While I only used one coat on nails with a base, I maybe should have done two. Most people though would probably be just fine with one coat, but mine tend to be thinner than most peoples' coats.





Push & Pur-Pull

Color Family: Purple
No Base: 2 coats
Put A Coat On (2 coats): 2 coats
Alpine Snow (2 coats): 2 coats
This polish was sort of water to me. Without having a base, and basing this just on the formula of the polish itself, I would almost call this a jelly polish. It is watery, thin and looked "squishy" when it was dried on the nail. Off of the base, it was very dark, and not vibrant enough for a neon. On the base, I absolutely loved it. Putting the white dow is definitely worth the extra work here.





Hotter Than You Pink

Color Family: Pink
No Base: 3 coats
Put A Coat On (1 coat): 3 coats
Alpine Snow (1 coat): 3 coats
This polish, although it was pink, it definitely had a bluish tint/shimmer to it. The blue tones were much more noticeable on the nails without the base coat, to me. I was very happy with the formula and the color. It was very vibrant and I liked that about it. I do like this one much better on the white base as well.





Down to the Core-al

Color Family: Coral/Pink
No Base: 3 coats
Put A Coat On (2 coats): 2 coats
Alpine Snow (2 coats): 2 coats
I loved this color. I thought it was so pretty. It is a very typical coral, though, maybe a little more neon. To some people, this would probably be just a repeat, but not to me. It was very good for those summer months.





You Are So Outta Lime!

Color Family: Green
No Base: 2 coats
Put A Coat On (2 coats): 2 coats
Alpine Snow (2 coats): 2 coats
I liked the way this color looked on my hands. I'm iffy on neons. I like how they look, but sometimes I hate how they stand out. They can be too bold and blinding. Thankfully, this was a bright polish, but it didn't hurt your eyes to look at it.





Overall, I was happy with this collection and these polishes. I did not like the white base coat that they sold with them, though. I felt like the Alpine Snow performed just as well, if not better every time.  I thought Put A  Coat On was too watery. I honestly felt a little cheated out of $9.00.

Thanks for reading <3




No comments:

Post a Comment