Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Dr. Seuss Nails

Welcome back!

Today I have some fun Dr. Seuss nails to share! I teach summer recreation classes in my community, and today we did a Dr. Seuss themed class. It was so much fun, and always is, so I painted my nails for the occasion! I was inspired by five of his books for this.


Thumb: Oh, The Places You'll Go
Pink: Salon Perfect Put A Ring On It
Purple: Salon Perfect Lilacking Control
Blue: Salon Perfect Cold As Ice
Green: Salon Perfect Mint Julep
Yellow: Salon Perfect Mellow Yellow
White: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri OMGhost
For these, I started with a white base, because I wanted the pastels to be more vibrant. On top of the white, I painted three stripes, one each of green, purple and pink. I added top coat, then placed on some french tip Nail Vinyls on top of the larger stripes. Between the vinyls, I painted yellow and blue, creating more stripes like the front of the book.

Pointer: One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
Yellow: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Sizzlin' Saffron
White: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri OMGhost
Green: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri I-rush Luck
Red: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red
Blue: Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Pen Blue
These nails were very simple. All I did was paint the nail yellow, add top coat to make the nail smoother for my drawings, and then draw on the fish on the front of the book.

Middle: The Lorax
Orange: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Pumpkin Queen
Yellow: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Sizzlin' Saffron
White: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri OMGhost
Blue: Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Pen Blue
After painting an orange base, I used dotting tools to freehand the mustache and eyebrows on The Lorax. The center of the eyes were done with the pen, which was great because it was easy to make it a fine point.

Ring: The Cat In The Hat
White: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri OMGhost
Red: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red
Another easy nail here. All it required was white base with the quick dry top coat on. Once it was dry, I placed straight Nail Vinyls on, and painted the red on top.

Pinky: Green Eggs and Ham
Orange: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Pumpkin Queen
White: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri OMGhost
Green: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri I-rush Luck
To freehand the eggs and ham, I used a couple of different sized dotting tools. This was one of the easiest nails.


Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment