Monday, June 1, 2015

May Favorites

Welcome back!

Today I wanted to share my mani and nail polish favorites from the month of May! I didn't get a chance to do a lot of nail art this month, unfortunately. May is always extremely busy for me. School ends, so there are finals, and then graduation for not only me, but other friends and family, as well as an anniversary for me and work getting busier in the spring and summer. BUT I still got to do several manicures, and I picked my favorites.


Cinco De Mayo Nails: My anniversary is on the fifth, so I wanted something simple and pretty, but still festive! I combined a french manicure with an accent of a beautiful Sinful Colors nail polish.

Spring Mix and Match: I needed to do something on my own without a prompt, holiday or anything like that. I usually fall back on something like this when that is the case of what I want to make!

Neon Gradient: This was one of the prompts for my weekly nail art challenge that I did this month! I usually don't do manicures with neon colors, because I don't care for the brightness. This turned out great, and I loved how it wasn't too blinding like some neon polishes.

Chevron Flag: I love red, white and blue together, and patriotic nails, so this was perfect for me! I really liked how it was a fun twist on the typical flag manicure.


Other

  • I fell in love with the China Glaze Electric Nights collection. Since I did the weekly nail art challenge, I needed a lot of neons because the theme for the whole month was neon. I don't buy a lot of actual neon polishes, so I bought this collection to give me a lot of options!
  • Chevrons are a big part of my life anyway, because I just love them. But this month, I just loved chevron manicures. I only did two on myself, but I did my sister's nails, too, and gave her some chevrons. I would have done more if I had time to paint my nails more, but I didn't unfortunately.

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment