Thursday, October 2, 2014

31 Day Challenge: Day 30

Welcome back!

Today's theme: inspired by a tutorial!

I was inspired by the sugar spun nails tutorial. I have seen several of these before, but I have no idea who the original creator was. Please comment if anyone knows!


For this design, I used four polishes for the spun sugar part. All four colors were from the Wet n Wild summer collection. They are the Wild Shine line, so they only cost $0.99 each! On top of that, they are great polishes in general. From index to pinky finger, they are Ferris-Wheel Romance, Chambray Showers, Spitfire, and Gyp-Sea Green. The thumb used all four.


The basic technique is to apply a base color first. Then, you want to place drops of polish somewhere, and let it start drying. Once it gets sticky and stringy, you take a toothpick, dotting tool or anything like that, and drag strings on to the nail. The idea is simple, you just have to get the hang of it!


The base for this design was Sally Hansen Insta-Dri White Pick It Fence. I love this polish, but it turns out that I didn't need the base color to be that fast drying! This was tricky to figure out, but it got easier. I learned that you definitely need to put a lot of polish down. You also need to let it dry for a long time before doing it. It needs time to get goopy, and mine took a while to do that.


I loved these nails. This was an amazing affect. I did not want to take it off! I really want to try it again but with some different colors. I think there could be some really cool designs using this technique.


It definitely looked cooler without top coat, but I wanted to make sure it was dry, and so I put on the top coat. Unfortunately, I didn't get a shot without top coat. It didn't mess with the design much, thankfully, because the polish was pretty much completely dry.

Thanks for reading <3



*All polishes were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own and truthful. I am not sponsored in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment