Thursday, October 16, 2014

Wet 'n Wild Megalast Summer 2014 Review

Welcome back!

Today, I'm going to review the summer collection for the Wet 'n Wild Megalast line. I know this is not readily available anymore, but I still wanted to put this up. I still made notes and swatched all of them, just didn't get it up or done in time before they were gone. I'm hoping to finish with the fall one soon, and have it up while they are still in stores!


There were six polishes in this collection. The collection was called "All Access Pass." I liked the overall color choices when I first saw them in stores. They were bright and vibrant, and really caught my eye. They only thing that I originally thought was bad was that they were all very basic and common colors. People who are true nail polish junkies probably have polishes like these already. But, I was surprised to find some differences in them. I was actually kind of happy to see such basic colors in a collection, because I feel like every company is trying to make their colors "different," but all of those "different" colors end up being the same.

One of the best parts about this collection and all of this line is the price! These polishes only run $1.99 each, so I picked up the whole collection for about $12.00! Sometimes, you can even find these on sale, where they might be buy one get one 50% off, or even just $0.99 each. It definitely is nice if you are trying to add to your collection, or trying to decide whether or not to try some new color, because it doesn't cost a fortune to buy.


Contact High
Coats: 4
Formula: Jelly
Color Family: Green
This was much thinner than I expected. When I first looked at the polish in the bottle, I thought that it was going to be a standard, green cream polish. It was by no means cream. It was a full on jelly. It was very thin, and even after 4 coats, I could still clearly see my nails through it. I've heard that some people can get this to work, but I had a hard time with it. It would have probably been thicker after another coat or two, but I didn't want to spend that kind of time on it.


A Venice Day
Coats: 4
Formula: Jelly
Color Family: Yellow
I was surprised to find that again, this was a jelly. It was just a basic yellow color, but a jelly formula. The formula was a bit streaky, and very very sheer. I would kind of call this a mustard color, because after several coats, the color darkens and deepens, so the yellow is not as bright anymore. If I'm going to wear a solid yellow, I'd prefer a cream. But, if you are looking for a fun jelly polish, this one definitely is it.


Love Me Some Muscles
Coats: 3
Formula: Jelly
Color Family: Peach
This was an odd color. I originally thought it was a solid, orange colored cream polish. But once I had it in different lights, and applied it to the nails, I found that it was more of a peach colored jelly polish. It wasn't as sheer as Contact High or A Venice Day, but it was still a jelly polish. It was a pretty color, but not something I would pick to wear alone.


Coast to Coast
Coats: 2
Formula: Shimmer
Color Family: Blue
Although it's hard to see in the pictures, this polish had a gorgeous shimmer to it. I was surprised to find that, because it didn't transfer that way in the bottle. I loved this color. It was very pigmented, and only took me 2 coats. It is definitely going to be used a lot.


Trippin' on the Boardwalk
Coats: 3
Formula: Cream
Color Family: Purple
This is a light, summery purple. It was a cream formula, but I found it to be just a tad watery and sheer. It was build-able, though, and after 3 coats, I couldn't see through it. I liked the color a lot, and have already used it multiple times since swatching it.


Beat of a Generation
Coats: 2
Formula: Cream
Color Family: Pink
I loved this color, but of course I did, because it's pink! The formula was really good, and the color is very vibrant and just gorgeous. I do own a lot of pinks, and I felt like this was just a typical one that you can find a lot of places. If you own a lot of pinks, you could probably skip this one. But if you don't own many pinks, or you just love pink nail polish like me, this is definitely worth the money.


Overall, I did like the whole collection. The brushes are good, and I've always liked these brushes. The price makes it even better, because you are getting a quality nail polish for such an amazing price. The formulas are all good, I just don't care for the jellies, but I never care for jelly polishes. The winners of this collection are definitely Coast to Coast and Beat of a Generation. If you can find these still, definitely pick them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment