Friday, October 3, 2014

31 Day Challenge: Day 31

Welcome back!

Today's theme: honor nails you love!

It's the final challenge! I actually completed the challenge just one day late, but I haven't had much time to post, so this post is later. I'm proud of myself for getting this done this year, even if I was scrambled and late in the end. I finished, which is much better than I did last year!


I had trouble coming up with something to do. I wanted to do something quick and easy, and not one that would require waiting for different portions to dry, or to get different details on. I decided finally to honor @nailstorming from Instagram. She has done so many different minion nails, and they are all so cute and amazing! I went with the basic minions, but she has done some pretty clever ones for different months and holidays throughout the year. You can find her on Instagram, and on her blog here.


For the base color, I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Sizzlin' Saffron. The overalls were done with Salon Perfect Nail Art in Blue Skies. The grey for the minions goggles was Zoya Carey, the white was Sally Hansen Insta-Dri OMGhost, and the black details was Salon Perfect Nail Art in Black Ink.


I'm happy with the way these turned out! I definitely think that there is room for improvement, but they are much better than the first time I tried a minion which was two years ago, and I only did it on one nail...so much progress!


Most of my posts can be found on Pinterest, and I also post the pictures an announcements of blog posts on my Instagram (@glitternails89).

Thanks for reading <3



*I am not sponsored in any way. All polishes were purchased with my own money. All opinions are truthful and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment