Sunday, April 19, 2015

April Showers

Welcome back!

It is supposed to be pretty rainy and stormy for the next few days in my area, so I created some stormy nails! I did something like this last year, and I liked them, but I really wanted to recreate them. I have seen several people do things like this, but I'm not sure who the original creator was!


Dark Blue: China Glaze License & Registration Pls
Gray: Essie Petal Pushers
Light Blue: China Glaze Dashboard Dreamer
Yellow: Color Club Almost Famous
Fast Dry Top Coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl
Matte Top Coat: Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat
Shiny Top Coat: Sally Hansen Big Shiny Top Coat

These nails were super easy to do! I started by painting the base, then I used a dotting tool for the clouds, lightning bolt, and raindrops. Once that was dry, I added a quick dry top coat, and later a matte one. To finish it off, I went in with the shiny top coat over the raindrops to make it look more like water. I sort of wish I would not have made the raindrops in color, but maybe I'll try that another time!

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment