Thursday, April 30, 2015

April Nail Favorites

Welcome back!

I want to start something new here on my blog, and that is doing monthly favorites! I want to post links to my favorite manicures, as well as anything else that I was big on in general, or anything nail related that I loved that month!

My favorite manicures were a little hard to narrow down this month, because I loved so many! I did narrow is down to five.


1. Pastel: This was the first prompt for the Nail Art April challenge, and I really loved the chevron and polka dots mixed together, but simple with just two colors.

2. Flowers: These were something I do not usually do on my nails, and I sort of did a reverse accent, which was fun and different!

3. Dotticure: This was the prompt for another day, and I just really liked the colors, and how I did a different dot style on each nail, but it still all went together really well.

4. Pop of Color: I loved this! It was sort of a mix with the flowers and dotticure, because I did a solid accent nail, and different dots on all of the other hands. It was also fun because it was all black and white with just a little bit of red--the pop!

5. Accent: The most recent manicure I did, and one that I love! I used two nail vinyls that I had never used before, so it was different than anything I've done before in a way.


Other

  • I was really into OPI polishes, and using only OPI polishes for a whole manicure. I liked being able to just have it be all one brand. I usually did this in terms of having a color, then using the black and white for whatever else I did.
  • Dotticures. These were something I could not get enough of this month. Even though I was unable to do them all of the time, I did practice these a lot on a nail wheel, and I kept trying new things on them.
  • The China Glaze Road Trip blues were something I kept messing with every time I could. I did three manicures in a row using at least one of the blues. I just kept grabbing for them, but I'm not even sure why!
Check back next month to see what I'm loving for our last month of spring!

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment