Sunday, April 5, 2015

Essie: Fall 2014

Welcome back!

Again, here I am with the late review. I still like to post them though, because then I can reference for myself and see how I felt about each polish that I tried!


Partner in Crime
Coats: 2
Formula: Cream
Color Family: Brown
This was a beautiful brown polish. It is very dark, so with a shiny top coat, it can be sort of hard to see the brown to it. I mattified it, and loved it that way. I use this polish all the time now when I need a brown for nail art. It is perfect to make anything that needs to be a pure brown. I think it is a little darker than Essie's Little Brown Dress which was what I used to always use for my brown details.


Fall in Line
Coats: 2
Formula: Cream
Color Family: Gray
This was sort of an odd color! I kind of like that in a polish though, because then you know you aren't getting one that you already have one almost identical to. I would probably call it a gray, but it had a lot of green to it. I mattified this one, too, and it was incredible. The formula was great, also, which just makes things better and better.


Take It Outside
Coats: 2
Formula: Cream
Color Family: Beige
The formula on this polish is beautiful. It goes on easily and looks great, too. It is very opaque, which is good. I call this a beige, but there are definitely gray tones to it. I thought this was almost a darker version of Essie's Urban Jungle.



The Perfect Cover Up
Coats: 1
Formula: Cream
Color Family: Blue
Another odd color, really. It was sort of a bluish-greenish gray. Again, I like that though, because then I know I don't have many, if any, close dupes for it! The formula on this was amazing, just like the others have been.


Style Cartel
Coats: 2
Formula: Cream
Color Family: Blue
What I really wanted to put under formula was "amazing." I loved how it was very opaque in one coat, but the second coat just made it darker, like it shows in the bottle. I love polishes like that, because then it is almost like getting two for one! Unfortunately, China Glaze's One Track Mind from their Fall 2014 collection was almost an exact dupe for this. It is a beautiful polish, but China Glaze is cheaper, so I could have skipped out on this one.


Dress to Kilt
Coats: 2
Formula: Cream
Color Family: Red
As the title polish for this collection, it was the perfect deep, fall red. Again, just like all of the others in this collection, the formula was incredible. It goes on amazingly, and it absolutely beautiful. I loved how this was also sort of the pop of color for the collection. All of the other polishes were beautiful, but they were very toned down and cool. This was bright, warm and vibrant.

Overall, these polishes were amazing. This whole collection was a must, and I'm really happy that I purchased all of them. I know that there are plenty of reds and blues, so maybe Style Cartel  and Dress to Kilt could be skipped by some, but they were still great formulas. Other than those two, though, there were very few polishes close to the others. They are unique, and I think it was a perfect collection for fall.

Here are some pictures of the polishes mattified and included in nail art!

Partner in Crime + matte top coat

Fall in Line + matte top coat

Take It Outside under the glitter and on the ring finger

Style Cartel on middle and pinky nails

Dress to Kilt on pinky and pointer & dots on middle

Thanks for reading <3




No comments:

Post a Comment