Sunday, May 17, 2015

May Weekly Nail Art Challenge: Week 3, May 15

Welcome back!

Theme: Neon
Prompt: Fishtail

I've never done a fishtail, so this was actually my second attempt at this, because it looked awul the first time! I really like the outcome though once I got the hang of it and figured out what to do better.


I used all China Glaze polishes for this and all but the white were from the new Electric Nights collection!
White: White on White
Yellow: Daisy Know My Name?
Orange: Home Sweet House Music
Blue: DJ Blue My Mind

I have several tips that I learned while doing this that really helped while trying to do it, especially when doing it with neons.
1. Start with a white base. It's a pain to have to do more than one coat, so this avoids that problem.
2. Add a white stripe first. This keeps the colors true, avoids bleeding, and avoids additional coats, too. Especially when doing a color that is lighter than the one it's going on top of. If it's darker, I didn't do it, like for the blue. But when I did the yellow and orange I did. It avoided having lines underneath one line from the other colors.
3. Don't make your lines too thin. Thin lines means a lot of lines. It not only looks better, but it's less work, too!

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment