Monday, January 19, 2015

#NailArtJan Day 11

Welcome back!

The Nail Art January challenge, hosted by @Californails, continues. The prompt for Day 11 was "recreation."

January is a month full of birthdays for my family. Mine is the 9th, followed by my nephew, boyfriend, sister and my boyfriend's mother, all within the next week. For the recreation prompt, I decided to take it a little different direction than most people did. Most people that I saw recreated someone else's nail art. I had just done that for Day 08, though, so I decided to recreate my own manicure! I had done a similar manicure a year ago for my birthday, and the year before for my birthday.


I used all Nicole by OPI polishes for this, mostly ones from the Fall in Line collection. I wanted the colors to go together better than in the past, where they have usually been a jumble. The white was Yoga-Then-Yogurt, the turquoise was Poised for Turquoise, the purple was Did He Wink At Me?, and the pinky berry was Berry the Hatchet. I also used Please Red-cycle for the candles on the cake, but I wish I would have just used the berry color for it.

Just for fun, here is the picture from last year.


Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment