Monday, January 19, 2015

#NailArtJan Day 14

Welcome back!

The prompt for Day 14 was "new technique."

I originally tried to do the reverse stamping method, but that was an awful fail. So, I switched techniques! I ended up trying the spotted watermarble technique.


I started by painting a base color on my nails. I used OPI My Dogsled is a Hybrid, from the Nordic collection. For the watermarble part, all you do it drop a few drops of polish in the water, just like you would with a regular water marble, but the polish drops are all the same color. I used OPI's OPI With A Nice Finn-ish from the Nordic collection. Next, take a spray bottle with something in it (I used water) and spray the surface a couple of times until you have the desired look. Then, you just have to continue like with any water marble. You dip your finger in, clean up the surface, and then pull it out!

It was simple, but look awesome! And I loved how easy it was.

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment