Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Nail Art Guild: January 31

Welcome back!

The prompt for the bi-weekly nail art guild for today was rainbow!

I actually did two designs for this, and I hated the first one. I did it last night, and when I woke up this morning, I took it off and went with this new design that I thought of while painting the others.

Being a rainbow, it clearly took a lot of polish. The colors are as follows:

Red: Nicole by OPI Please Red-Cycle
Orange: China Glaze Stoked to Be Soaked
Yellow: China Glaze Sun Upon My Skin
Green: Studio M Neon Greenlight
Blue: L'Oreal Fluo Azur
Purple: China Glaze X-ta-sea
White: Nicole by OPI Yoga Then Yogurt



For my index and ring finger, I painted red, yellow and blue on, each taking up about a third of my nail. Next, after applying top coat and letting it dry completely, I placed on some skinny chevron nail vinyls. They can be purchased here. I then went and painted orange, green and purple in the spaces between them.

On my thumb, I did an ombre using all of the colors, and then put dots on top with the white polish. My pinky was a white base and dots using all of the colors, and I kept one nail, my middle finger, simple with just a couple of coats of white.

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment