Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas 2015: Gingerbread Man and His House

Welcome back!

Another new design that I never did anything like last year was a gingerbread man. I saw so many different designs on Instagram and Pinterest, I was inspired to do more than just the single cooke man on a nail or two. The gingerbread man face and body nails were inspired by @cutepolish on Instagram and YouTube. I got the idea to do the house by @gabbysnailart.


Brown: OPI Going My Way or Norway?
White: Salon Perfect Sugar Cube
Black: Salon Perfect Oil Slick
Red: Pure Ice Lady Liberty
Green: Pure Ice Free Spirit

Nail Vinyls: Snail Vinyls
Matte Top Coat: NYC Matte Me Crazy

I liked the way these turned out for the most part. I wasn't going to wear them for long, so I didn't want to spend too much time on them. Because of that, I left out teeny tiny details, which I was torn about how I felt about them. I liked the simplicity of the details, because I had so many different designs, anyway. But, when I saw other people's gingerbread designs on Pinterest, I felt like I saw more details which made it look more put together.

I think the matte top coat definitely helped make the manicure, though, and I'm really happy I added that last minute!

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment