Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas 2015: Santa's Suit

Welcome back!

A couple of years ago, I did an accent nail on my sister of Santa's face (unfortunately, I don't have a picture for that…) Then, last year, I did a Santa face with his suit on the rest of my nails. This year, I wanted to do something different, and add a new design in the mix. I settled on his suit, hat, and face!


Nude: Essie Brides to Be
Red: OPI What's Your Point-setta?
White: OPI Alpine Snow
Black: OPI Black Onyx
Gold: OPI 50 Years of Style
Pink: Orly Color Blast Winter Blush

Underneath the hat, I used the base polish color of the nude, just to make my "naked nail" look better than it actually did. Plus, I'm not one for negative space, so I had to make it look perfect enough it couldn't actually be negative, or naked.

These were really fun and easy to do, and they don't require any top coat layers (which means more time to dry) so even though they are detailed, you can take some time with it! I liked the way they turned out a lot, and I think I'll do them similar next year, too! I also think I want to do the elf the same way, and incorporate his hat into it in a similar style.

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment