Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pink and Silver with Glitter Gradient

Welcome back!

My mani for today was very simple, but I love it. I used Essie Pink Happy and Set in Stones. Two nails we'd solid pink, and two nails were solid glitter.


For the glitter nails, I have found that I am tired of painting literally 5+ coats on at times, and still having sparse areas. I have seen several people who sponge it on, and I love that method now. I don't think I'll ever go back. It is so much quicker, easier, and it leaves your nail thin, instead of it getting gunked up and thick from having that many coats on it. Plus, I find that it has a faster dry time because of this.

On the accent nail with the glitter gradient, I started by painting a base of Pink Happy. Once that was dry, I started about 1/3 of the way down my nail from my cuticle, and made some strokes with the glitter. This kept it thin and didn't leave a lot of glitter behind, but left some of the smaller piece. Then, I painted some of the glitter on the tip of a makeup sponge, and dabbed it on the very bottom of the nail.

Thanks for reading<3

No comments:

Post a Comment