Thursday, February 26, 2015

Winterized Galaxy Nails

Welcome back!

It's snowing today! It's really funny that it is, too, since I did these nails. I always do my nails at night before I go to bed, because it is a good time, and I don't have to worry about smudging or chipping them right away. I planned on doing these last night before I knew it was even going to snow!

I loved my Valentine galaxy nails so much, I decided to do more with another spin on it: snow/winter! It was easy to do, really. All I had to do was use blues for the sponging portion, and anything that looked like snow/snowflakes for the "stars!"


Black: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Night Fright
White: Nicole by OPI Yoga-Then-Yogurt
Dark Blue: OPI Feeling Treemedous
Blue: China Glaze Splish Splash
Light Blue: Essie Bikini So Teeny
Fine Glitter: Maybelline The Veils Crystal Disguise
White Glitter: China Glaze Chillin' With My Snow-Mies
Striper: Salon Perfect Nail Art Striper White Out



I did these just like any other galaxy nails. I started by painting my nail all black, and once it was dry, I sponged on some white with a piece of a latex-free cosmetic wedge. Along one edge of the white, I sponged on the dark blue. I really liked the way this made it fade a little differently. Next, on top of the white, I sponged on the blue and light blue.

I painted on the glitter next to make it look like a million little stars. I then hand placed the white glitter so it looked like stars, just like is often done with galaxy nails, but this glitter was the perfect choice. It still kind of looks like stars, or typical galaxy nails, but also kind of like snowflakes!  The last step was to paint a few snowflakes, instead of the typical stars. To make sure they were obviously snowflakes, and not just looking like stars, I added dots to the ends of them!

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment