Saturday, February 14, 2015

The Nail Art Guild: February 14

Welcome back!

Time for another bi-weekly Nail Art Guild prompt today! The prompt was "out of this world."

I was trying to think of a good, creative idea, but all I could think of was galaxy nails. I'd set my heart on that, but decided I would try different colors and maybe different effects than the last time or two I'd done them. Then it hit me: Valentine galaxies. It was simple, really. All I had to do was trade out all of the usual designs and colors for pinks and hearts! You can find my classic galaxy nails here.


Black: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Night Fright
White: Nicole by OPI Yoga Then Yogurt
Pink: L'Oreal Acid Watermelon
Purple: Maybelline The Color Show Bleached Neons Ultra Violet
Fine Glitter: Finger Paints He-Art Auction
Chunky Glitter: Essie Pinking About You

I did this just like any other galaxy nails, starting by painting my nails black, then topping with a quick dry top coat. After that, I took pieces of sponge and sponged on white, then pink, and finally a little bit of purple. The next common step would be to take fine glitter and paint it to look like little stars, so I did this, just with fine pink glitter! I also used chunky glitter to look like big stars, and of course it was somewhat pink. The final step would be to draw larger stars with white polish, but I drew hearts!

I'm so happy with the outcome of these nails! When I thought of it, I immediately tried it out on a nail wheel, and could not wait to do it again on my actual nails!

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment