Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Nail Art Guild: February 28

Welcome back!

Today I did the prompt again for the bi-weekly Nail Art Guild challenge. This one was never technically posted, but it was posted months ago in their plan for the next year. I went ahead and did it, though, because I really wanted to try this design!

The prompt was seasons, so I made each nail represent a different season, with a different tree on each.


Spring:
Blue: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Breezy Blue
Green: China Glaze Be More Pacific
Pink: China Glaze Feel the Breeze

Summer:
Blue: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Blue Me Away!
Green: China Glaze Shore Enuff

Fall:
Orange: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Pumpkin Queen
Yellow: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Sizzlin' Saffron
Red: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Pucker Up

Winter:
Blue: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Pacific Blue
White: Nicole by OPI Yoga-Then-Yogurt

On all nails, I used Essie Partner in Crime for the brown of the tree trunk and branches. To add the leaves, snow and flowers to the trees, I used a medium sized dotting tool. Before I painted the brown on the nail, I used a white striping polish to paint the same outline, that way the brown showed up better and more true to color.

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment