Wednesday, September 9, 2015

August Favorites

Welcome back!

Today I wanted to share my favorites from the month of August! I know it's a little late, but I got busy with the 31 Day Challenge as soon as September started, and then I moved out of state, so I've been pretty busy! August was pretty god for me as far as nail art goes. I was able to get a lot done, and I got a lot more motivated to get into a good routine with doing my nails regularly. I did some really fun things, and I'm excited to share them!


Manicure Favorites

Essie Resort + Eiffel Tower: I was in love with this manicure! This was the first time I attempted a plastic bag effect for my nail art, and I am so glad I finally tried it. I loved using all of the colors from the same collection, too, because I knew they went together, and it made it so easy to do.

Essie Summer Mix & Match: Another mix & match manicure, featuring another plastic bag nail. I loved using from al the same collection again. I loved how I paired up the colors, and how they all went together, even though there were six different colors used. It was so much fun to make and wear.

OPI Hawaii Mix & Match: Yet again, I took several polishes all from one collection and mashed them up to do a mix & match. I had another plastic bag nail, with some flowers and more chevrons, but a different kind of chevron than usual.

Other Favorites
  • Plastic Bag Manicures. I have been seeing these around for the longest time, and I always liked the look of them, but I never tried them. I always sort of expected that they would take forever to dry, since they have such large amounts of polish on one finger. But that was not the case, and I couldn't have been more please! They are so easy to do, dry relatively quickly (quicker than I expected) and look so cool!
  • Mix & Match Nails. I've always sort of liked these, but I've never been good at mixing and matching, so it was never a favorite. I loved it this month, though, because I learned that the trick is to just pick some colors from the same collection. They will go together well, then, but they can still be different and make it exciting!
  • Manicures with Polishes All from Same Collection. This is sort of along the lines of a mix & match, but I just found how helpful this was. It makes choosing and pairing so easy, and they will almost always look good together. You do have to still think about it, and make the decision, but it is a lot easier this way.
New Tries in August

  • Plastic bag: I've mention this so many times in this post, it's not even funny. It doesn't even sound like a real word anymore. But I am just completely obsessed with this trick and technique. It is something that everyone who likes doing nails needs to try, and anyone can do. There's no wrong way to do it! My first attempt can be found here.
  • Straw Splatter: This was another easy technique that I've seen done a lot, but never tried myself. I liked it alright, but it wasn't a favorite of mine. I need to try it more, so I can learn the proper techniques and tricks to it so I know better what I'm doing next time. My splatter nail art can be found here!

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment