Friday, September 13, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day 13 (Tutorial!)



Day Thirteen: Animal Print

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow
Essie in Little Brown Dress
China Glaze Matte Magic

I decided to do giraffe print for today because 1) it's easy, and 2) I never seen many giraffe nails, or tutorials, if any! So I decided to make a tutorial of my own!


  1. Start with clean, unpolished nail. Add a base coat.
  2. Paint nail with yellow nail polish. I used Mellow Yellow by Sally Hansen. Add several coats until it is a solid yellow. It does not need to be absolutely perfect, because a lot of it will be covered up.
  3. With a large dotting tool, create splotches with a brown nail polish. I used Little Brown Dress by Essie. I just tried to make the spots look as close to giraffe spots as possible, but I did not want every nail to look the same.
  4. Once it is dry, put a matte top coat on top, to make it look more like an animal. I used Matte Magic by China Glaze.
And that's it! It was really easy, and other than waiting for the colors to dry to ensure there was no smearing, it did not take very long at all to do!

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment