Monday, September 22, 2014

31 Day Challenge: Day 22

Welcome back!

Today' theme: inspired by a song!


I was inspired by the song "The Best Day" by Taylor Swift. This one was not one of her most popular ones, but I've always liked it.


I chose a gold background for most of the nails because of the line where she says "look now, the sky is gold." The tree comes from the line "I don't know why all the trees change in the fall," and the beginning part, too, because it is talking about fall. The keys are the line where she says, "I come home crying and you hold me tight, and grab the keys." The calendar page is to represent that it was the best day, and finally the heart, because it was written for her mom.


I'm really happy with how this turned out! My gold was Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Golden-I, and the white was Sally Hansen Insta-Dri OMGhost. The red, orange and yellow (used mostly in the tree) were Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Pucker Up, Sun Kissed and Mellow Yellow. The brown for the tree trunk was Essie Little Brown Dress, and the silver was China Glaze Icicle.

Thanks for reading <3




*All polishes were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own and truthful. I am not sponsored in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment