Tuesday, September 30, 2014

31 Day Challenge: Day 27

Welcome back!

Today's theme: Inspired by artwork!


I was inspired the painting "Starry Night" by Vincent Van Gough. Most people have seen this painting before, so it's pretty recognizable. Here is a picture for reference and those that don't know it.


I even did the same painting last year! It was no where near this good, and I still think I could have done better! I am pretty proud of these, though!


There were a lot of polishes used for this. The base color was Wet n Wild Wild Shine Here Comes Trouble. The sky was done using the dry brush method with nail striper polishes. I'm not sure who came up with this method originally, or even who to credit for it. The colors I used were scattered and layered to create the effect of the sky in the painting. I used Salon Perfect Nail Art Blue Skies, Kiss Nail Art Pearl Blue, Kiss Soft Blue,  and Milani Nail Art Blue Print. The white streaks and star/moon halos were Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Striper White, and the stars and moon were done with Yellow.


The final touch, and my favorite part, was the castle. I used Salon Perfect Nail Art Black Ink for it. This striper worked perfectly for it. It looked good against the background color I chose, and it looks fairly accurate! I loved this nail! This polish dried to a matte finish, and is what inspired me to top the whole thing with a matte top coat.


Overall, I am very proud of these nails, and I loved them! I honestly had to talk myself into taking them off to continue with the challenge. It was a tough one to do!


I also included a couple of glossy shots, just for fun. :)

Thanks for reading <3



*I am not sponsored in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment