Friday, September 26, 2014

31 Day Challenge: Day 24

Welcome back!

Today's theme: inspired by a book!

I was inspired by the cover of Divergent by Veronica Roth.


For these nails, I started with a background using colors similar to the ones on the book. I painted the whole nail with Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Blue It as my base. Then, using the sponge/ombre technique, I blended the blue into black, by applying Blue It, Wet n Wild Wild Shine Blue Moon and Wet n Wild Wild Shine Black Creme to a sponge. These blended together beautifully!


The design/logo on the front of the book was fairly easy to do. I used Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Striper in Yellow and Orange. I started by drawing a circle with a flame inside with yellow. Then, using the orange, I put just a little bit around the edges, wiggling it slightly while doing so to make it look more like flames. Finally, I went back in with yellow to blend the two colors together better, and to wiggle around the whole thing to mimic the flames.


I'm very happy with how these turned out! I love them and don't really want to take them off!

Thanks for reading <3



*All polishes were purchased with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment