Thursday, September 25, 2014

31 Day Challenge: Day 23

Welcome back!

Today's theme: Inspired by a movie!


I know I'm late and behind. I am frustrated because I was doing so good and keeping on track. We had some family things come up, though, and unfortunately, they were more important than nail polish. I'm back, though, and I'm planning on catching up before the challenge ends, so I can at least end on time.


I was inspired by Beauty and the Beast, the Disney version. I wanted to capture several aspects of the movie, but most importantly, Belle.


The base of all nails (with the exception of my thumb) was Essie Spin the Bottle. My pinky was a book, to represent that she was always reading. For this design, I used Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Striper in Blue for the cover, in White for the pages, and Essie Little Brown Dress for the spine/binding of the book. The ring finger was Lumiere, her candle friend. I used Zoya Darcy for his body, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in OMGhost for the candle part, and Wet n Wild Wild Shine Black Creme for the deatils, like the wicks, eyes and mouth.


My middle finger was a rose, which was a popular icon for this movie. I used Sally Hanse Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Pucker Up for the petals, Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Striper in Green for the stem/leaf, and a Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Pen in Black for the details to make it look more like petals. My pointer finger was completely inspired by a design that I saw @lauramerino12 on Instagram do. (She was inspired by @nailartbyjen.) I wanted it to look like Belle's face, so I made her hair with Little Brown Dress, her eyes with Black Creme and OMGhost, and her mouth with Color Club Blushing Rose.


One of my favorite nails (or at least favorite ideas) was my thumb. I was inspired by her dress for this one. I painted a base of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow. Then, using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Sizzlin' Saffron, I made some wavy lines, to show the ruffles/folds in her dress. This color is barely different than Mellow Yellow. It is different enough to be seen, but close enough to not look like a design, but more like texture. Finally, I made some more of those waves, but this time with Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Striper in Yellow, which is darker than the other two. If you look at her dress, she has a line that is darker than the rest.

I was fairly happy with how these turned out, but I need to practice and try again. I didn't have the most steady hand, and I was also in a bit of a hurry to just get them done.

Thanks for reading <3



*All polishes were purchased with my own money. All opinions are truthful and my own. I am not sponsored in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment